Thursday, February 23, 2012

ANTIQUED PAINT Corner TV Stand

After reading the mostly positive reviews of this corner tv stand (on Amazon and elsewhere), I decided to take a gamble and buy it sight unseen. This was my first experience purchasing furniture online and my first "particle board" piece of furniture at that!



It has exceeded my expectations! We received it within seven business days, which was impressive during the holiday season. One piece was broken and one piece was scratched pretty deeply, but both pieces were decorative and not part of the support system so we decided to assemble the stand anyway and swap out the damaged pieces when the replacement parts arrive. As far as getting the replacement parts, I can't comment yet. We just received this today and I will update this review at a later time.

My husband and I assembled the unit in roughly 4 1/2 hours (we probably could have done it in two if our little ones weren't so determined to "help" us). We took the time to separate and organize all of the pieces, screws, nails, clips, brackets, etc. before we began and this was a HUGE help as we put things together. This thing comes with tons of hardware! You'll need a phillips and flat screwdriver, as well as a hammer for assembly. The directions are easy to understand and the diagrams are extremely detailed and very helpful. When assembly is complete, this is a heavy, solid, good looking piece of furniture. I took the advice of another reviewer and touched up a few spots with a black sharpie--great idea and I couldn't even find the spots I touched up again if I had to!

That brings me to my next comment...the "antiqued paint" finish looks similar to a "java" finish on my computer. It's really closer to black with java highlights (not the right word but can't think of a better one at the moment), but still coordinates with our java and dark cherry furniture just fine. It actually looks really nice and I don't think anyone would suspect it wasn't a real, expensive, wooden piece of furniture. I am soooooooo glad we went with this and passed on the $500 "real" thing!

It fits in the corner nicely and our 55" led fits perfectly on top. I agree with the other reviewers that I can't imagine any larger of a tv on it but I can see that it is physically possible to fit a 60". Definitely no bigger than 60". The drawers were so easy to put together and later adjust. I won't be storing anything heavy in them, but who stores their free weights in their tv stand anyway??? All four shelves are adjustable and there's plenty of space for our Direct TV box, dvd player, Wii, etc.

I think that about covers it! If you need a large corner tv stand in a dark finish, don't hesitate to purchase this one! I can't imagine anyone being disappointed unless it's by the color being darker than it looked online.

No comments:

Post a Comment