Saturday, February 4, 2012

Z-Line Designs Madrid Flat Panel TV Stand

I have had this stand for my 46" Sony Bravia since December of 2009 and it has made one move with me. It is extremely sturdy, fits our DVD player, Xbox 360 and Cable box/ DVR with ease along with a good amount of DVDs. The wire holes on the backbone of the stand allow relatively easy management of wires with a small amount of foresight. I have experienced none of the shelf sag mentioned in a poor review I read of the stand. I was ecstatic to find the model available here on Amazon and have just purchased it for a second TV. Planning on setting up a 50" Panasonic Plasma on this stand. Not worried by the extra size as I know how secure my 46" is on this stand. I have not used any method of wall securing due to the aforementioned stability of the product. I live in Chicago where earthquakes are not a concern and blizzards at least leave off from shaking my floors.



The only drawback I can think of is that the stand top and glass shelves gathers dust visibly but my wonderful fiance has a touch of the OCD and keeps it spotless. Thanks, baby!

Great looking and excellent quality TV stand; very easy to assemble... was able to put this together and mount the TV in under an hour with minimal help. Adjustable height for mounting the TV came in handy since this is set up in my loft space where I have low/slanted ceilings. Fits in the corner perfect and takes up very little space. Lots of space in the back for wire routing; this was very important for me since I have two rabbits who run loose and who like to chew on cables. I used wire loom to wrap all the wires up and then zip-tie them to the back of the stand and run them up to the TV connections; all wires are now hidden behind the stand. Easily fit a TiVo HD and PS3 slim side-by-side on the middle shelf and an XBox 360 on the topmost shelf. Note that with this design there is a lot of space on the back of the TV mount where you can strap stuff; I was able to zip-tie a large surge suppressor / power strip, my cable modem and a WiFi router to the back so everything is hidden and off the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment