Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Techcraft Bernini Series BG4020 42-Inch Flat Panel Television Stand

This one was still a good investment. Just look at it! It's a work of art, and it won't stain when I rest a drink on it. I was a little worried about it because other reviews said that 1) it's difficult to assemble by yourself, 2) it doesn't have a four-legged base, and 3) the dimensions said it was only 19.5 inches high. Well...



1) I assembled it myself, and it wasn't hard. The tricky part was getting the top piece aligned because you need to rest it on hollow cylinders and screw it in from underneath. I looked at the directions and thought I'd need help from my cousin. NOPE! Just got a little scotch tape to hold the cylinders to the glass piece, and then I rested it on the frame. Screwed them in easily from there.

2) No problems here so far. I've shaken the piece to test its sturdiness, and it's stable. Besides, I'm not going to store anything heavy on either of the rear corners like a cast-iron skillet or a jar of coins or a fat baby.

3) Yes, lower than my old tv stand, but it's fine. Sit on the couch 8 ft. away and it makes little difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment