Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Invu 15-Inch LCD TV with Built-In DVD Player and Stand

I bought the INVU tv directly from Invu's website on 1/30/11. So far, I am pleased with the unit. You should know that the latest version of this TV shipped by INVU does not look like the one in Amazon's photos. The newer version of the INVU is actually a 15 inch widescreen, with an all black finish. It's much nicer than the Amazon photo. It has 1 HDMI input, 1 Component Video input, a 3.5mm stereo headphone output (which is nice when I want to connect my iPod headphones directly to the TV), and the other basic inputs/outputs most TVs have. I have my INVU connected via HDMI to my Comcast DVR. I have the DVR sitting on the base of the stand.



PROS:
- Has all the inputs and outputs I need (HDMI, Component Video, Coax In, Headphone out, etc)
- TV has a nice, black finish
- The stand is sturdy and can be raised and lowered quite easily
- Easy to setup - took about 15-30 minutes
- Remote control is user-friendly, although I don't actually use it because I programmed my Comcast DVR remote to work with the TV.

CONS:
- Speaker sound is not great. There is zero bass. However, I plug my headphones directly into the TV which works well for me.
- Off angle viewing is poor. You have to watch the tv straight on for a good picture. The image gets washed out if you are off angle. This is not really an issue though because I always watch the TV head on while running on my treadmill.

All in all, this is the only good treadmill tv I could find on the market. And so far I am pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment