Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Techcraft Xii50W Flat Pannel Stand, 50" Wide

I had been researching so many different TV stands for my Panasonic VIERA TC-P50S30 50-Inch 1080p Plasma HDTV which is replacing my older Hitachi rear-projection TV. Talk about a BIG change and a lot of room found! I never realized how big that old TV was and how much space it was taking. This stand, on the other hand, has great lines, is minimalist, and very attractive. Unlike the zillion particle board stands out there, I did not want something that was going to fall apart at the seams when moved and something I had to spend a lot of time putting together. This Techcraft stand is constructed of a metal frame, wood veneer back and legs and smokey colored tempered glass shelves. The wood is a cherry color and goes well with the black frame and smoked glass. I love the look of this stand. Very cool and minimalist. Putting it together was easy.



It fits components nicely. My DVR, my Blu-Ray player, tiny Roku 2 XS 1080p Streaming Player and my audio system. My TV is a 50" and that's perfect.

Pay attention to some of the other reviews when building this and remember that the glass pieces do not go in order - the simple algorithm is worth repeating:
-- the largest piece of glass is for the top shelf,
-- the smallest piece of glass goes in the middle,
-- and the medium piece of glass is the bottom shelf.

Wonderful price, great looking TV stand. After researching plenty, I was happy to find this one at such a good price. I recommend like another reviewer mentioned placing the frame in it's new location and THEN putting the glass in place. This will ensure it is light as a feather to move around.

5 stars and I would buy it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment