Monday, February 27, 2012

Techcraft BAY6028 AV Credenza Up To 60-Inch TV

I read all the reviews about the unit coming damaged and to be honest I didnt want to deal with that but I liked the look of the piece and the price was right compared to some others that I was considering. I ordered it and prayed that techcraft really had fixed their packaging and or shipping issues.



I arrived home to see the box leaning against the garage were it had been delivered. The box looked like it had either been in a knife fight or they ran out of room on the truck and they decided to drag it to my house. It was a mess. I was at least glad i wasnt going to have to unpackage the thing only to find it damaged and then fit everything back in the box to ship it back. I was just about to go get the paperwork to make the return when I decided to open one side and take a peek at the top peice since it was most important and most likely to be damaged. After hauling it inside (very heavy), I was astonished to see that the top peice was flawless. I kept going and as it turned out the entire unit didn't have a scratch on it so I went ahead and put it together in about an hour (it really shouldnt take much longer than that if you have a clue and a few tools). I woudlnt have bet that the styrofoam and cardboard would have been enough protection after what this thing must have gone through but it was. That being said, I guess I would suggest rolling the dice. The color is a lil darker than what most pictures suggest (like i hoped) but it really is nice looking and the important pieces are all well made. I have had several compliments.

No comments:

Post a Comment